What is a dental cleaning?
A dental cleaning and exam is an important preventive and diagnostic tool used by Dr. John Wiltz and our dental team at Irish Road Dental. Performed by one of our hygienists under our skilled dentist’s direction, you can expect us to do the following during your dental cleaning and exam:
- Thoroughly clean and dry each tooth
- Utilize fluoride to prevent decay
- Take a series of digital X-rays
- Check for signs of disease and decay
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Review your dental history and questions
- Examine existing restorations for repairs
We will provide you and your family with dental cleanings and exams each time you visit our office for a checkup and as we suggest.
How often should I visit the dentist?
We suggest visiting our office at least twice a year, normally once every six months. This will ensure we diagnose any negative conditions early while treatments are simple and more affordable. We also encourage you to contact our office if you experience toothaches or any other symptoms of decay or disease. For more information on teeth cleanings in Davison, Michigan, and to schedule your next appointment, we invite you to call or visit our office today. We are excited to meet you!